Monday, March 29, 2010

big girl room!

Miss Petyl my lovely child learned how to get out of her crib...and she decided to become a pro at it in 2 days. So pro that even when I pushed the crib to the wall where she was shimmying down she still managed to get out and get stuck between crib and wall. So I knew safety wise it was necessary to move.

I cleaned up the new room and brought all her Petyl stuff in. It looked like a nice toddler room. And she liked it. I was dreading night time tho! I wanted her to be real sleepy and ready for this big night. So we watched some wow wow wubzy(her favorite if you didnt know). Then we had a little snack of cereal. took a warm bath. brushed teeth. got snugly in some jammies. read a book. at 10:30pm i laid her down...and. she CRIED! got out of bed. banged on the door. turned the lights on. jumped in the bed. played with puzzles. spilled humidifier water.

UGH it was not going well. so i re assessed the situation. cleaned up some of the mess. moved some things around. and then I laid on the lower trundle part of the bed while she laid in her bed.
        
****note: anyone who knows me knows how against this i am. i am not one that sleeps with their child until the fall asleep. i want my baby to comfort herself and not depend on me being there for her to feel safe to sleep.

I thought this might work tho and was desperate... she was staying in bed tappin her nose with her blankie closing her eyes being a good girl. It had been a while with no sound and little movement. I decided i would make my escape. I maneuvered my BIG belly down to the floor without moving the bed too much. got on all fours and sneaked to the door. I did a little peak at my precious babe and then squeezed out. I ran to the monitor to see her still laying in her bed. YES i thought, it worked.

I was wrong! 2 mins later i heard her cute little whisper "mommy? where are you?" then she got up and came to the door knocking! did I mention it was now almost 12:30AM! so I went in not knowing a plan. she threw her binkie and blanket and said bye bye and blew them a kiss. so i went with it. I said Oh you dont want them okay i will just take them out. I threw them in the hall and she said NOO and gave me her infamous evil eyebrows. then she pointed to her diaper and said Pee. so i told her we would change it and then it was bedtime. As I laid her back in bed she asked for her covers. I covered her up kissed her head and walked out. I watched her on the monitor for a while before it sank in but the little stinker fell fast asleep!!! after all that crazyness that is what worked! and I didnt have to lay with her I didnt have to sneak out I just did the norm minus the baby crib! It was pure awesome! 

Now this is a happy ending but I have to share what happened next.

In all my mommy happiness I went down stairs to get a drink only to drop the WHOLE bottle of apple juice breaking the lid and spilling all over the kitchen! the stickiness was not going to be okay so I mopped the floor and then went to bed angry but happy all at the same time.

Oh the joys of motherhood!
here is my little bug... pic from monitor of her sleeping soundly!

p.s. tonight P went to bed at 9:30 and it was a normal routine...now if only we can get her to nap in there......another challenge to conqour...stay tuned!

2 comments:

Shelly Rowlan said...

Good for little Miss Petyl. Wow, we would have to put Trustan to bed about 80 times before he would stay in his room. And then we had to tickle his feet until he fell asleep. You are way ahead of the curve. Good job!

Shelly Rowlan said...

Good for little Miss Petyl. Wow, we would have to put Trustan to bed about 80 times before he would stay in his room. And then we had to tickle his feet until he fell asleep. You are way ahead of the curve. Good job!